Dynon Releases Version 5.3 Software
for D10/D100 Series
March 23, 2010
Woodinville, WA, USA, March 23, 2009 – Dynon Avionics has released Version 5.3 Software for the EFIS-D10A, EFIS-D100, EMS-D10, EMS-D120, and FlightDEK-D180. First introduced over six years ago, the D10/D100 Series has been continuously improved with new capabilities and features.
Included in Version 5.3 are:
- Improved roll autopilot performance.
- Addition of metric units for vertical speed.
- Fixes to the Jabiru oil temperature sensor characterization.
- Fix to an oil temperature display issue when no sensor is attached.
- Fix to the issue discussed in the “Multiple EFISs+AP74 DSAB Service Bulletin”,
dated January 7, 2010.
Autopilot Details: Dynon continues to enhance the autopilot functionality. Release 5.3 adds a new roll mode that improves the performance for aircraft that have experienced issues. To try this mode simply set TRN RT LMT to 0. The autopilot will more directly control bank angle instead of targeting a specific turn rate. The maximum bank angle that the autopilot allows is still limited by the BANK LIMIT parameter. In this mode, set the BANK ANGLE LIMIT to the maximum value you want the autopilot to use in a turn. There are no pitch changes in Version 5.3; additional autopilot enhancements will come in a future release.
- For a detailed description of these items, and to download Version 5.3 Software, see the Release Notes found on the Dynon Website.
- Founded in 2000, Dynon Avionics is the leading manufacturer of avionics for Experimental and Light Sport Aircraft. Continuing a tradition started with the introduction of their first Electronic Flight Information System “glass panel”, Dynon is committed to developing innovative and high-quality avionics at affordable prices for all pilots.