In addition to our new SkyView HDX system, we have updates to our products across the SkyView and AF-5000 series lines:
- $500 Price Reduction on SkyView Touch, SkyView Classic, and AF-5000 Series: Mapping Now Included
- New Advanced Remote Audio Panel with Dimensional Sound and Bluetooth Music Streaming
- Upcoming SkyView v15 Software Preview
- Advanced Flight Systems AF-5000 Series Graphics Updates
$500 price decrease for SkyView Touch, Classic, AF-5000 Series systems
Effective Monday, July 25 2016, all SkyView Touch, SkyView Classic, and AF-5000 series displays now include navigation mapping capabilities. This equals a savings of $500 per system compared to previous pricing, where the mapping software was an additional separate $500 purchase. Michael Schofield, Dynon Marketing Manager says, “With the recent introduction of our entry-level SkyView SE system - which does not have mapping - and the unveiling of our new flagship SkyView HDX, we saw an opportunity to streamline the purchase of SkyView systems to best serve our customers. Now every new SkyView and AF-5000 customer will save $500 on their system, and they no longer need to “opt in” to have world class navigation and mapping software in their aircraft.”
New Advanced Remote Audio Panel with Dimensional Sound and Bluetooth Music Streaming
Advanced Flight Systems announces a remote audio panel with class-leading features. Manufactured by PS Engineering for AFS, the new AF-PDA360EX-R features IntelliAudio® True Dimensional Sound to let you hear multiple radios simultaneously - spatially separated in your headset.
Enhanced Bluetooth® provides both music streaming capability and connection to your phone. Other features include legendary 4-place hi-fi stereo IntelliVox® intercom with Soft Mute, two stereo music inputs, split mode, and multiple other inputs. The AF-PDA360EX-R is compatible with the AF-5000 series. It is expected to be available Q3 2016 at a list price of $1450.
Dynon Previews SkyView Software Version 15
Dynon’s upcoming SkyView Software Version 15 contains a variety of new features to enhance the SkyView flying experience, including:
- Extended Runways on Map
- Highway in the Sky (HITS)
- Airport Signposts in Synthetic Vision
- Maintenance Logging
- Weight and Balance Calculator
- VNAV from SkyView’s flight plan to your destination airport, arriving either above the airport or right at the runway itself.
- Airspace proximity notification. This includes airspace you are in, upcoming airspace along your flight path, and those that are above and below you.
Extended Runways on Map
Highway in the Sky (HITS) & Airport Signposts in Synthetic Vision
Weight and Balance Calculator
SkyView Software v15’s new features will be available as a free upgrade for SkyView Classic and SkyView Touch Summer-Fall 2016. SkyView HDX will ship with all v15 features when it is released.
Advanced Flight Systems AF-5000 Series Graphics Updates
The upcoming Advanced Flight Systems AF-5000 software release features improved display graphics, including updated colors for contrast and legibility, redesigned VSI and roll indicators, crisper fonts, and reduced clutter.